- TedTalk on Survellaince
- Article Share Out
- Introduce Reading Schedule & Lit Circle Roles
- Read chapter 1 of 1984
Reading Schedule and Objectives:
Reading Sections and Due Dates:
- Section 1 (pg 1-55): January 20
- Section 2 (pg 55-105): January 26
- Section 3 (pg 105-152): February 1
- Section 4 (pg 152-197): February 7
- Section 5 (pg 197-245): February 13
- What is reasoning?
- What is the relationship between research and perspective?
- What is truth? Who determines what is true?
- Are reality and history objective or subjective?
- To see how the author establishes the novel’s atmosphere (tone and mood)
- To analyze and appreciate satire and language
- To examine the themes of appearance versus reality, alienation and isolation, and individuality versus tyranny
- To appreciate how literary techniques are used including foreshadowing, symbolism, and irony
- To recognize how text-to-text connections advance craft and content
- To understand how theme and plot work together to convey author’s purpose/message
Lit Circle Roles and Handout:
P.6 Roles: docs.google.com/a/jeffcoschools.us/spreadsheets/d/1H_-54nVvteeZuaiP4Wr5zv9CpUW8H9KIYoXfo-bWIes/edit?usp=sharing